Thursday, March 17, 2011

A New Level of Commitment

Well, yet again we've let a HUGE amount of time pass since posting something for our blog. I think the only person that still remembers this thing exists is my niece that likes to show up and feed our fish that lives at the bottom of this page. (If it wasn't for her it would probably be dead.) Now, I don't know how most people are, but I actually do have ideas running around in my head. I've looked at BookFace and decided that it wasn't for me. Guess I just feel that most of my ideas need more explanation than what is commonly acceptable to blurb about in the social network settings. Sure I keep my account so that I can . . . um . . . why do I keep my account? . . . hm. Anyways, the decision has been made: I'm making a goal for myself to have something posted here on a weekly basis. To make it even more likely to happen I'm using some of the “goal achievement standards”. Yep, I'm making it measurable, telling someone about it (you), and I'm writing it down so's I won't forget. Should be a fun ride for those of you that want to come along. I'm not promising that these posts will be interesting, or uplifting, or help you lose 30 pounds in two weeks. However, there will be something here. In fact I'll say that there will be something new here by Friday night at midnight. So in other words from Friday night at midnight to Friday night at midnight is will be one week. ( I was trying to think of some way to work in more “Friday night at midnight”, but just couldn't get ther.) No idea what all these posts will be about, possibly a lot of them will be about different rants that I have pent up inside of me. (Some future rants: People running with limp wrists; People riding bikes without using their hands; Swimming for exercise; Joggers and bikers that yell “left” as they run by; Blue poster putty. OK, I realized that my rants were taking on an exercise theme so I threw in that last one for kicks.) I might use this space just to post recent pictures of hikes/walks Michelle and I have been on. Posts might be reviews about books I've read or movies I've seen or even TV shows I enjoy watching. Maybe stuff will be posted about the last Aggie game I enjoyed or got upset about (that would probably mean I thought the refs were terrible, or it's football). Who knows, the choices are endless and I'll just try to keep going for as long as I can. If anyone was paying attention, I made sure not to say that I would be making a post on a weekly basis, this leaves the window open in case Michelle decides she wants to put something on here also. (Then my goal is met and I'm free for the week, wahoo.) With all of that being said, I'm going to leave you to ponder what might be coming in the near future, or just to just go on with life as you usually do.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've totally forgotten how much fun those fish are!

    ReplyDelete