Sunday, December 11, 2011

Baby Come Back!

I recall a time talking with some friends when the realization came that I was in a bad relationship. Over and over they would hurt me, and I just kept coming back. Sure, they promised that it would never be like that again, they'd changed - I was always left hurting in the end. . . Somehow, even after that realization, I did stay.

Of course, at the same time I was secretly seeing someone else, they were completely faithful to me (they didn’t' mind that I was seeing someone else). I can only remember a few small occasions when they actually made me want to cry. As our relationship continued, they just kept giving me more and more. I stayed with them too.

Both of these relationships are still going strong, but somehow the situations have swapped. I'm worried that for the first time in a number of years the USU basketball team will not achieve a winning season (it looks like their 30 win season is already out of the question and a Top 25 ranking is almost laughable). On the other hand, the USU football team is going to its first bowl game in 14 years. They have their first 7 wins in a regular season since back in the 70's!

Well, seems to me that the basketball team deserves my fidelity through their times of trials just like I gave to the football team. I wish them both the best of luck and I'll continue to be faithful, even if you're not.


No comments:

Post a Comment