Friday, May 20, 2011

Let the Training Begin

Guess we're making it a tradition.

For the third year in a row we've registered to run in the Deseret News Pioneer Day 10K. Technically this is only the second year that I've registered, Michelle ran the first year by herself (and placed 79th in her age group) since I was involved in something else that I don't recall at this time. And, of course, Michelle got sick right before last year's race and so I did that one alone (and placed 97th in my age group, so you can see who the better runner is).

So, here's hoping that 3rd time's the charm and we'll make it down together.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Good luck! Rob really wants to start training for a half marathon. He and Rb Whitaker are planning on running the half marathon they do here for the Top of Utah I think ... it's in August. And then next year, he wants to do the Top of Utah marathon ... yikes. You should all run it together. :) I would be more than willing to cheer you all on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and he also REALLY wants to do Ragnar. Would you guys be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I hope you can enjoy it together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Ragnar would be a lot of fun. Looks like 2011 is sold out, but we could get cracking for a 2012 team. You can be captain and I can be vice-captain (or, if you prefer, you can be Grand Poobah and I can be Mild Poobah).

    We each get five other runners and away we go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another 10K I really want to do is the Dirty Dash. Check it out http://www.thedirtydash.com/default.aspx

    ReplyDelete